lesbiassparrow: (Default)
There's a poll under the cut. The answer to the question it poses, by the way, is yes. Even a three old child could survive better than this lot. )

I will say is that the writing on Survivors makes me feel insufferably smug about my intelligence. It will also do the same for you. (I saw the cover of the original series. It involved a lot of unattractive people in sheepskin coats on horses. I hope they were brighter than this lot.)
lesbiassparrow: (Default)
You know what I cannot summon any moral outrage over? The killing of the people running the slave mine* by the liberated slaves. I know that I am supposed to see this is a sign of the outbreak of SAVAGERY but somehow I cannot find it in myself to care. (Lovely to see that in the post-apocalyptic future there will be a use for classics professors. Of course, it is a pity that that use will be creating and running a slave mine, but you can't have everything.)

*Why the fuck would you need to be mining for coal so soon? There's got to be tons of it lying around and you could always use wood to heat your place which would be easy to find even without chopping trees down WHAT WITH ALL THE EMPTY BUILDINGS AND NO PEOPLE IN THEM USING THE FURNITURE AND SUCH.
lesbiassparrow: (Default)
Anya (lesbian doctor): I can't be with someone who hurts people

Tom (ex-convict): I'd kill anyone who hurts you.

MAN. THERE'S MESSED UP AND THERE'S POST-APOCALYPTIC MESSED UP.

POOR DOCTOR. SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN FAR BETTER SUITED TO LOVELY WOMAN WHO RAN CO-OP FARM WHERE SOMEONE DIED OF THE MUTATED VIRUS.

Survivors

Aug. 25th, 2010 07:17 pm
lesbiassparrow: (Default)
OH HEY, IF I HAD SUPER IMPORTANT PRISONER AND SHIFTY DOCTOR FROM SECRET ORGANIZATION I'D PUT A GUARD ON THEM AND NOT TRUST THEM TO BE STAND UP PEOPLE. JUST SAYING.

And while ex-convict is clearly a sociopath, he's their sociopath.* And his teaching people to handle a gun does not seem a terrible idea to me what with all the people out there trying to kill them.

ETA: THE SEARCH FOR PETER AND HIS MAGIC BLOOD CAN JUST FUCK OFF NOW.

ETA 2: But I will say ex-convict and lesbian doctor win some awards in the Clearly Fucked Up Relationship stakes.

* And clearly mad loyal to lesbian doctor. While they've got her, he's going to be on their side.

Survivors

Aug. 25th, 2010 04:52 pm
lesbiassparrow: (Default)
HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO STUPID. SERIOUSLY, EVEN I WOULD BE BETTER IN A POST-APOCALYPTIC WORLD. AND STOP TRYING TO CONVINCE ME THAT WITH 99% OF THE WORLD DEAD THE REMAINING 1% OF THE UK WOULD HAVE TO FIGHT OVER FOOD. FOR THE FIRST FEW YEARS THEY'D BE ROLLING IN TINNED GOODS.

And you know what would be gold? Not food, not booze. HAVING A DOCTOR, THAT'S WHAT. This is barely acknowledged and it drives me up the wall that no one thinks this is a useful thing to be able to spring on people. THIS IS BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL STUPID.

ETA: Um, I do not think a houseful of men would be sending any attractive women down the mines. I think they'd find other uses for them.

ETA 2: OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE HOW CAN YOU GET CAPTURED EVERY FUCKING EPISODE. THEY'VE HAD MORE GUNS POINTED AT THEM THAN I'VE HAD HOT DINNERS AND IT IS ALWAYS THEIR DUMBNESS THAT CAUSES IT.

ETA 3: THERE THEY GO SPLITTING UP AGAIN. WHAT IS IT WITH THESE PEOPLE AND SPLITTING UP FOR DANGEROUS SIDE JOURNEYS THAT HAVE NO POINT??????
lesbiassparrow: (Default)
There is only one gun in all of the UK. For real. And no will ever think of raiding an army camp to look and see if - by chance - there might be another one. You know, the one they've used for back up in those overseas wars.

Also, despite only 1% of the people surviving the initial virus (and you've got to figure some of them will die off of other illnesses/old age/cholera/etc) they will start running out of canned food quickly and all run into each other. AGAIN AND AGAIN.

And all the dogs will go somewhere so that there are no feral packs of them running around.

ETA: I admit that I would be totally useless in a post-apocalyptic world, but I think I would try and be useless as a part of a group. I would not meet up with random strangers and say OH I THINK I WILL GO OFF BY MYSELF AND LIVE ALONE ON A FARM WITH MY CHICKENS. Because when I got old or sick I'd be fecking up the creek with no paddle. And I would at least know the meaning of 'buddy system' when I went out foraging.

Profile

lesbiassparrow: (Default)
lesbiassparrow

August 2011

S M T W T F S
 1 23456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Syndicate

RSS Atom

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 20th, 2017 06:11 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios